Welcome to the English Setter Association Website
A message from ESA President Valerie Foss to all ESA Members, 'KEEP CALM & CARRY ON'
We now have a brand new website on test, please give it a try, click www.esaweb.co.uk.
This is the national breed club for the English Setter in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1951 and has around 700 members worldwide. The English Setter Association aims to support those who own the breed as companions as well as those who wish to show their dogs. These pages will provide information on all aspects of owning an English Setter as well as all activities of the Association.
We do hope that you be able to navigate easily with changes made to the site but do apologise in advance should you encounter any problems. It is advisable to use the latest version of your web browser, updates are available and will ensure that your viewing experience is enhanced. The website has been redesigned for all types of media device with all sized screens.
If the information you require is unavailable or if you have any suggestions regarding editorial you wish to see included on this site, please use the 'Contact Us' link on menu.
- LATEST NEWS:-
- Death of Val Cozens (Earldoms) see Notice Board
- Latest Information regarding cancellations due to Coronavirus, ESA Open Show cancelled, see Notice Board.
- Message from Steve Collier regarding Breed Mentors/Observers and English Setters, see Notice Board
- Yearbook Titles and Award details see Notice Board
- Kennel Club announces way forward for Judges Competency Framework (February 2020), see Judging Info
- Kennel Club press release regarding Vulnerable British and Irish Breeds see Notice Board, Vulnerable British and Irish Breeds VNB
- 2020 Judging Lists and Criteria now available, see Judging Info, Judging Criteria Or Judging Lists
- English Setter Registrations for 2019, see Notice Board
- The ESA are in the process of introducing English Setter Association Welfare (ESAW), see ESAW
- Judging Update; Main Recommendations of JCF review group on 12th November 2019, see Judging Info
- ESA Funday 21/09 photo's now available, listed under Family Page dropdown see Funday 19
- All Judging & Education Information, Kennel Club JCF updates are now in one section on website click Judging Info
- Important news. The Kennel Club's Breed Health and Conservation Plan for English Setters, see Health Page
- Website now shows ESA's Privacy Notice, see About Club - ESA GDPG Statement
- Nina Green book, for details see About Breed - Books
- Limited edition Bournehouse Prints by Stuart Mallard for sale, see Notice Board
The English Setter Association Members Group is on Facebook. Members can join by clicking the 'Find us on Facebook' link below:
Login and search 'The English Setter Association Members Group' or
If you are not a member of the ESA and wish to join, click this link to apply for membership.
Benefits from joining include a quality Yearbook, Newsletter,
Facebook group membership plus reduced entry fee's at all ESA show's.